Raleigh International is seeking doctors, nurses and paramedics to join our sustainable development programmes as Volunteer Medics from May/June to September 2020.
Our programmes focus on providing access to safe water and sanitation, protecting vulnerable environments and building resilient communities, all whilst developing the skills of young people to create long-lasting positive change. In order to safely and effectively run our expeditions we need qualified Medics like you to join our Expeditions and bring your skills overseas. Develop your Expedition medicine skills and support groups of young people in this essential role on our overseas programmes.
You must have at least two years post-qualification experience, and medical skills that are transferable to remote static environments. You will:
- Look after the general health of our volunteers and manage any medical emergencies where necessary.
- Deliver first aid training at the beginning of the programme.
- Work from our field base, and support groups of young people remotely or on project support visits.
- Be part of the central operations team that responds to incidents.
- Encourage and motivate the volunteers to effectively deliver their projects while helping to facilitate their own personal development.
- Experience living in a completely new and exciting environment.
Tanzania: 30 May – 31 August
Costa Rica: 6 June – 7 September
Nepal: 8 June – 10 September
(Some shorter length Expeditions are also available during these dates– please get in touch for more detail)
We do require fundraising for our projects but this covers all expenses when you are in country. Fundraising costs start from £1,150 depending on the time of departure. Expenses covered by this include:
- All in-country food, travel and accommodation.
- Travel and medical insurance (excluding personal belongings cover).
- Pre-departure training including a residential weekend, live online webinar and online learning platform.
- At least two weeks training in country before volunteers arrive.
- All group medical equipment.
- Access to alumni network and events on return.